Sunday, December 26, 2010

Black Swan


On Christmas Night Joe and I went to see Black Swan. I don't want to give too much away but it was pretty brilliant. I really liked it, although it was very twisted and dark. It was about a girl, Nina (played by Natalie Portman), who is obsessed with being the perfect ballerina. She gets the lead part in Swan Lake but her inappropriate instructor is not happy with her as the Black Swan. She also has an overbearing mother who is living vicariously through her daughter. Trying to be the perfect dancer and perfect daughter lead Nina to become obsessive and paranoid - convinced the new gal, Lily (played by Mila Kunis), is out to get her role...

I was freaked out through out the last half of the movie - grabbing and squeezing Joe's hand and arm tightly, but that only added to the brilliance of the movie. I definitely recommend you go see this!

No comments:

Post a Comment