Sunday, October 28, 2012

Some times it's the simple things

Haven't blogged in a few weeks - not sure why...  I have done some awesome things - Beer Tasting Bingo (won a beer and a beer stein!), wine festival, saw Argo (thought it was done so well - it was great!), Gospel on the Green, and went to Shelterskelter at the Shelterbelt Theatre (seriously love this place, small, intimate black box theatre, can bring booze in, cheap, and something different to do - to Shelterbelt with Love starts the weekend of my BDay - might want to get a group together to do this ;-)

My husband and I have always dedicated Saturday Nights to "Date Night" - ever since the very beginning of our relationship.  We haven't always been able to spend Saturday nights together, but it is a rare occasion that we don't.  We usually go out, but sometimes will just get a pizza and rent a movie.  However, since we have been married, we usually go out, because we tend to eat at home every other night of the week.

Today, my fabulous husband helped his aunt move, while I stayed home and didn't do much.  ;-)  When he got home, he asked if we could just relax at home tonight, which I totally agreed to - I was already relaxing and thought it sounded great to continue to.  However, we wanted to get dinner and decided on chinese.  I am not the biggest chinese fan, so when I say that I am in the mood for it, Joe usually goes with it.  I also wanted to go to the Dollar Tree store beforehand.  I had been on Pinterest earlier in the day and came across a few craft projects I wanted to try out.  One was making an ornament wreath and they suggested going there for cheap, nice ornaments.  Neither of us had been there before and now know we will go there to get any wrapping/gift bags we may need for any occasion.  :-)

After we were done, we went home to watch the "Five Year Engagement" that I had rented from the Red Box.  We both got into comfy clothes and found our spot on the couch.  We watched the movie and really enjoyed just vegging on the couch and being entertained by the movie.

As much as I love going out to the movies/theatre, hanging out with friends and family, going to fun restaurants, etc...  every once and a while, I am so appreciative to just relax at home with my husband.

P.S.  I also made this for a work potluck...

No comments:

Post a Comment