Thursday, November 18, 2010

discipline

kinda a heavy topic tonight. just finished another financial peace class. i think the biggest thing i am learning is that i struggle with discipline. not in all aspects of my life - i got to work, pay my bills (usually on time :-), attend church, meet deadlines, etc... however, i STRUGGLE with saving/not spending money, following a diet, exercising, staying organized... i also noticed i start a lot of projects, but hardly ever finish them - paintings, craft projects, learning to play the guitar, reading books... i know i need to maintain discipline more in my personal/private life, but i get overwhelmed and don't know where to start, so i don't do any of them. OR i will start one thing, then decide i want to add another area i want to focus on, so then the first thing falls to the way side. i really need to find a way to make myself more accountable. i have found that if i have someone who tries to help me be accountable, i tend to get pissed off if they call me out on my short comings or i will just lie and not admit i failed.

well, i guess admitting it is my first step... stay tuned to see if anything more becomes of this...

No comments:

Post a Comment