Sunday, November 21, 2010

Holidays

due to limited funds, i have decided to make most of my gifts this year. since i am pretty sure i only have one reader, i don't mind sharing what i am thinking about making...

i started out thinking that i could make bracelets for everyone, but that is a bit boring, and i don't think of myself as boring. so i did some research and found some fun angels i can make out of dishcloths. BUT then i started watching YouTube videos on how to make resin jewelry - which looks like it could be hard, but want to look more into it - i see this type of jewelry for sale all over etsy.com and at the afternoon. my only worry is that they recommend doing it outside due to the fumes, but hey, i have big windows! but i guess we will see if i can find all the items needed to make these creations and then see if they fit into my budget.

it's also very hard to find dignified homemade gifts for guys. they all look like things 5 year olds make. so i am not sure what to do for the guys in my life... if my faithful reader has any ideas, i would appreciate it!

1 comment:

  1. The last time I made a hand-crafted gift, I made a fishing rod holder with one of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles painted on it. It was for my dad. I may not be an authority on this topic...

    ReplyDelete